It is so much fun to watch your child grow and learn new things. This week Naomi has taken more interest in her books. Before, she would just flip through the pages really fast, but now she'll sit through longer stories and even "ask" me to read a story again (we read "fairy colors" five or six times in a row). I've always liked reading to Naomi, but now it's even more fun.
Naomi also tries to help around the house by commanding the broom and dustpan. She gets so frustrated with me when I try to do it myself. It's so cute. A lot of things seem to be hers lately. If I eat a yogurt, she has to have some. I've always shared with her, but now she seems to think that she should be in charge of holding the yogurt. She likes doing things herself.
I hope Kurt doesn't mind me sharing, but today he watched Naomi while I went to a cake decorating class (yeah!). When I came back, he was so excited to tell me about what Naomi did. We have these little stuffed animals dogs (anyone remember Pound Puppies?) that Kurt was showing Naomi. Kurt had one of the dogs and was moving it up and down while barking. So, Naomi took the other one and started moving it up and down and making a barking sound. She's brilliant! :) Her list of animal noises now includes growling, chicken and dog. She must really love animals, because it seems like she makes more animal sounds than words!
Naomi has made a break through on kisses this week, too. She can pucker her lips and make a kissing sound. Sometimes she'll even do it on a cheek. The other day, Kurt was going downstairs and Naomi looked at him, and made the kissing sound. I just love this little girl.
2 comments:
I totally had pound puppies when I was little! I think they are still downstairs somewhere in my mom's house! Maybe you should make a pound puppy cake for next week... he he he
That would be cute. I think puppies would be a little complicated to decorate, though. I actually have an idea for my cake that I'm pretty excited about. I hope it works.
Post a Comment