Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kurt's sister, Joan, is visiting us for Thanksgiving. Here is our family mug shot. I apologize in advance for all the pictures on this post, but I wanted to make sure I covered everything. For thanksgiving dinner, we went to our neighbors', Tyler and Rebe's. There were ten people there, including us and other people from Kurt's med school class.
Thanksgiving feast. Naomi ate her turkey and stuffing. Nothing else seemed that appetizing. Especially not cranberry sauce (she really is my daughter!).
Naomi, having the smallest stomach, finished first. She found a football trivia game to pass time while the adults worked through their feast.
Then she found the magnets on the fridge. Mommy put them up out of reach.
Naomi got stir crazy and mommy got keep-Naomi-from-breaking-things crazy, so we took a little break outside.
Then it was pie time! Rebe is displaying our beautiful pies here.
Cesar shows Rebe which pies he wants.
Here Frank and Angel enjoy their pie.
Naomi steals pie from auntie Joanie. Okay, so Joanie consented.
Yurella enjoys her pie.
And so does Kurt.
Afterward, Naomi took a nap while we played Apples to Apples. From left to right, we have Rebe, Kurt, Yurella (Cesar's wife), Joan, Angel, Traci, Frank (hiding), and Cesar.
Here is the same shot with a slightly different cast of characters: Tyler, Rebe, Kurt, Yurella, Joan, Angel, Traci, and Frank.
After we came home, Naomi was a little fussy, so we put on Elmo's Christmas Countdown, which is her favorite movie right now. TV is like a magical box. We turn it on and Naomi calms right down. Here's a shot of her dancing to the menu music.
This one was too cute not to post. Naomi stepped into Joanie's boots and here Joan tries to help her with the other one. Naomi gave up on the idea before she was wearing both boots.

2 comments:

Janine M. Rockwell said...

I love the picture of Naomi dancing to the menu music. I laughed and had to show it to everyone at Robin's.

Carmen Cole said...

Wow, Traci, how did you hook up with so many friends for Thanksgiving? I also love the Naomi dancing picture and video!