Friday, November 14, 2008

cake beauties

I started a cake decorating class with my neighbor, Rebe, and last night we brought home our first cakes.
Here are the cakes. Rebe used a butterfly cookies cutter as her pattern (very cute) and I drew my moon pattern on paper, with Kurt's help.
I added another border once I got home, so I had to take another picture. :) In the end, it didn't look as good as I had imagined, but I thought it still looked pretty darn good.

3 comments:

Jackie said...

I agree! It looks tasty. I once made a cake with a duck on it and I was sooo proud of it, and trust me: yours looks WAY better.

KJenx said...

cool! hate to see it get eaten though! how many cakes are you making in this class that Kurt will have to valiantly eat for you? :>

Traci M said...

Well, the class is four weeks long, but the first week we didn't do any decorating and next we're doing cupcakes. So, it will be two cakes and a dozen or so cupcakes in total.