Tuesday, November 25, 2008

bad drivers

I hate when people drive recklessly around me, but it doubles my annoyance when people drive carelessly in the snow. Last night as I was driving to the grocery store, there was a decent snowstorm going on around me. I was driving along minding my own business, and this pickup truck pulls up in the turn lane beside me (you know, as a way to cross through opposing traffic before entering the lane you need to go in). It always freaks me out when people do that because you never know if they're stopping in the turn lane, or if they don't see you and plan on keep going. Does this drive anyone else crazy? It's bad enough in normal conditions, but in the snow, I don't want anyone tearing through traffic like that when I am in the trajectory should the road be icy. Errgh. Then he pulls behind me and I'm going slower than the speed limit (like I said, it was snowing pretty hard). He starts tailgating. Just so you know, if you're ever behind me and you start tailgating, I will slow down. Well, it worked. He sped around me. I later passed him turning right while he was stopped at a red light. I don't think his hurry got him to his destination any faster.

3 comments:

Janine M. Rockwell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janine M. Rockwell said...

I totally do that, too (to tailgaters)! Maybe if I annoy the crap out of them, they'll get off my butt. If not, at least I get to annoy them back!

Traci M said...

Yeah, I figure if they're in such a hurry, they can zoom around me and risk someone else's safety.