
This week for our cake decorating class, we did cupcakes. We practiced figures and flowers. Above is my "three little pigs" cupcake. I decided that I made some bad color choices for frosting. I was trying to frost with an off-white color, but I went too dark and it looks more like mustard. I don't think anyone wants a mustard cupcake. My cutest cupcakes came from borrowing Rebe's frosting.

Here is a little bear.

This one was supposed to be a clown. Between not having the clown heads to put on top and only having brown instead of blue or red, I thought he looked more like a Mexican Wrestler. Nachooo!

These are Rebe's cupcakes. She had another plate, too, but the picture was a little fuzzy for those.

Here is a close-up of a flower bunch.

This one was my personal favorite. Rebe made her roses out of green frosting, so it looked more like cabbage than a rose, so she made a carrot to go with it! I thought it was cute.
4 comments:
So cute! You're tearing it up.
This makes me want to take a cake decorating class. Or you could just fly down and tutor me. Either way.
very cute--I think the 3 little pigs one is my favorite. The cabbage/carrot idea is really cute too. I look forward to seeing pictures of many beautiful birthday cakes for Naomi and Kurt in the future! My mom took cake-decorating classes a long time ago and I love looking at past birthday pictures of her beautiful cakes. It's a great skill to have-
you are hired!! griffin's birthday is next in April so just plan on flying out for it so you can make cute cupcakes! :>
I agree with all the comments! I love the piggie cupcake and the cabbage/carrot cupcake (now just add a bunny face . . . ). I have always wanted to take cake decorating since I did a "mini" class in high school home ec. I think I'll have to take the plunge now.
Post a Comment