Sunday, July 25, 2010

Emma's 4 month checkup

Emma turned four months over a week ago, but I haven't really had a chance to post about it yet. She had her check up a few days ago. Unfortunately, the nurse didn't give me a printout with all her stats, just the charts, so I'm going to have to give approximates for her stats (I know you're all dying to know the exact ones, though!).
She's about average for her weight and head circumference, but for height she is apparently "off the charts". Well, she's 97th percentile, but the chart only goes to 95th. :) If you look at the above picture, she is wearing an outfit intended for a 6-9 month-old. Yeah, it fits her pretty well.
My best guess for exact numbers, based on her chart:
weight: 14 lb, 4 oz, or 57th percentile
head circumference: 16 1/4 in, or 54th percentile
length: 26 3/4 in or 97th percentile
That seems about right.
Everyone comments on her big, blue eyes. Hmm, I seem to remember another little girl who got the same, frequent comment... (It's Naomi, in case you couldn't figure it out.)

At four months, Emma is still the smiliest little girl you could know. She is very curious about the world around her. She likes to grab things and suck on things. She is showing interest in that thing we like to call food. Last night I ate a cookie while holding Emma. She looked at it very intently and kept reaching out, trying to grab it. I, of course, held it out of her reach. But she was so mad she couldn't reach it! She got so frustrated, I finally let her grab a little corner. A piece came off in her hand and she seemed pretty pleased until it crumbled and fell on the floor. Emma also loves standing up. I think she likes being able to see what is going on and really wants to move around to explore. She loves her exersaucer, especially when she can make things move herself. She is still a great sleeper and a joy to have around.

No comments: