This past weekend a group of our friends went camping at Watkins Glen, so we decided to join them! Most of my pictures are from hiking the glen the next day, so here's a beauty from our first day. The dad of one of Naomi's friends had a birthday Friday, so their family brought cake and cupcakes for everyone. Naomi carried around a cupcake and it didn't all make it into her mouth. I suddenly feared I had not brought enough shirts.
Naomi loved camping with her friends. She had fun running around in the trees with everybody. She didn't really sleep the greatest, but we made it through. :)
Saturday morning we went hiking. Kurt strapped Emma onto his back for the trek.
Naomi wanted a hand to hold. After her friend, Megan, turned her down, James was kind enough to oblige.
The hike was really beautiful, with lots of pretty waterfalls.
Emma decided her thumb was very interesting. She remained calm the entire hike.
Nothing quite like playing garbage can drums while hiking.
A couple of the waterfalls came right over us.
Another highlight--frogs! There was one crevice that was just teeming with little frogs! It was quite the hit with all the kids there.
A quasi-family picture. Emma is strapped on Kurt's back, out of view.
She had fallen asleep.
I had to adjust the backpack a few times to support Emma's head better. She didn't seem to mind.
Naomi loved the tunnels.
I'm not sure how that's comfortable, but Emma kept on sleeping.
The drive to Watkins Glen passes by Seneca Lake. It's a really beautiful drive. On the drive home, Emma started screaming and I thought she needed a new diaper, so we started looking for a place to pull over. We saw a sign that said, "scenic overlook, 1 mile". Kurt and I both assumed it was a scenic view of Seneca Lake, but when we got there, all there was was this farm. We both laughed. Very scenic.
1 comment:
haha, we noticed that "scenic overlook" too as we drove past.
Post a Comment