Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Yesterday marked three years of marital bliss for Kurt and me. Kurt bought me flowers and we went out to dinner at an Indian buffet. It was sooo good. This was my first real try at Indian food and I am hooked! I want to go back/figure out their recipes! We forgot to take a picture at the restaurant, so here is our take-it-yourself anniversary picture back at our apartment.

I think I'm supposed to say something cheesy about Kurt, but instead I'll relate the conversation Kurt had with the florist because it's kind of funny.

Kurt: I need flowers for my wife for our three-year anniversary.
Florist: What, were you married when you were 12?
Kurt: No, actually I'm 26.
Florist: But no kids, I presume.
Kurt: Well...

Way to really butter up your customers, Mr. Florist.

Okay, maybe one cheesy thing. Anyone who knew me before I met Kurt knows what a good influence he has been on me. My confidence has shot up and I am all around happier. I am so glad I found him and the last three years have been the happiest of my life.

6 comments:

KJenx said...

You forgot to mention how fabulous your new family members on Kurt's side are. Maybe we help make you 25lb loosin woman happier too! :>

Ok, I guess Kurt is pretty awesome all by himself!!!

KJenx said...

lost lose loosin losin take your pick my spelling isn't so fantastic

Amberly said...

Happy Anniverstary again! I don't think I've ever told you what a cute couple I think you two make... I guess Naomi steals the cute spotlight a lot. :) That florist story still cracks me up too. How tacky!

Paula Mildenstein said...

And we are very happy that we got you in our family too. Thanks for making Kurt happy and for the cutest grandchild ever born!

Joyous said...

Congratulations! What a happy post. :) Somehow this morning when we talked about Indian food it didn't register that you went to a restaurant for your anniversary. Sorry I missed that. Where did you guys go that was so good?

And what a funny florist.

The Foys said...

Happy Happy Anniversary you two! I'm so glad that you met him Traci and I will say that I think you two were made for each other :0) I remember talking to you about him at the Good Old M.C.... those were the days!