Waiting for the bride and groom to come out of the Mt. Timpanogas temple. This is me with my niece, Steph, who is Amy's twin. They're fraternal, but a lot of people think they're identical since they look so much alike.
Lyle, Mandy and J9 (Janine). Brother, niece (brother's daughter), sister.
Sister, brother, sister--Robin, Greg, J9.
Robin holding baby Emma, who is sister Carmen's baby. She is the youngest grandchild.
False alarm! Everyone waiting for the bride and groom to come out the door, then suddenly bride's parents walked through. Everyone had a good laugh. Bride's mom is my sister.
Hooray! Bride and groom, finally! :)
Luncheon afterward at La Jolla Groves. Me, Spencer, Amber (all sibs).
My mom. Isn't she beautiful? My parents are service missionaries at a packing plant/distribution center in Washington state.
Brother Greg, not liking the greens so much.
Of course, I had to get pictures of the cakes at the reception! The caterer was a friend of the family, and he single-handedly made the cakes and all the other goodies at the reception (with a little help from Amy's family).
At one point in the reception, some of the grapes fell off onto the floor. I saw a lady on the wait staff pick up the grapes and shove them into the side of the cake. It was so gross. Later the caterer saw what happened and took off the grapes, and tried to fix it with leaves. But seriously, what was that lady thinking? I would be screaming at her if I were the caterer. Okay, maybe not, but if you're going to work with food, a little common sense goes a long way.
A sample of the spread. One thing I found a little humorous--the caterer was not mormon, and I guess he wasn't familiar with mormon dietary restrictions, because he made chocolate mousse with rum and coffee in it. I didn't eat the chocolate cake, because I was fairly certain he added coffee to that as well. However, the vanilla cake was delicious. He had lime whipped cream and blackberries to put on and it was soooo good. He was also super nice and told me his frosting recipe!
Cakes after the caterer fixed the grape situation.
Tasting the cake.
Random guy sampling the flavored water.
Daddy-daughter dance.
My brother, Spencer, was the videographer.
The super cool disposable dinnerware.
The garter toss. Congratulations Amy and Brandon!
No comments:
Post a Comment