Saturday, July 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

 Yesterday was my birthday. Usually on Fridays, there is an activity for the moms and kids in the morning. Since it was raining, the activity was moved to the church gym where the kids played with balls and bikes. I might add here, Emma is getting very possessive lately. She has a little push car, and other kids are not allowed to use it. If she sees anyone getting close to her car, she will tell them off in her little baby language.
 Naomi helped me decorate my *amazing* birthday cake.
 We played outside for a little while. Emma loved the rain puddles.
 This is my "surprised" face. I got my birthday present a month ago (a lot of character pans on craigslist), but Naomi picked one out to wrap for me on my birthday. She picked out my 3D train cake pan. Good choice, Naomi.
 We then went to a pool party planned by our housing complex. I told Naomi it was my birthday party. :)
 Naomi commented that a lot of people we didn't know came to my birthday party.
 The water was freezing, so we didn't last long. We played on the nearby playground for a few minutes, then headed home. Here is Emma, being a little turkey and throwing her head back so I couldn't take a picture. I swear she was doing it on purpose. As soon as I pulled up my camera, she would throw her head back.
 I did manage to catch a few, though. This cute little girl has been quite the stinker lately. She thinks it's hilarious to hit people. She will come and just slap my face, pull my hair...she also loves to pinch Naomi and hit her. I hold her hands and say 'no', but she just laughs. I don't really think she's trying to be malicious. She thinks it's some sort of game. She likes to laugh and make jokes. She's still learning the boundaries of humor, I guess.
Well, happy birthday! Thanks everyone for coming to my party! ;)

2 comments:

Paula Mildenstein said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I forgot to say that yesterday. I like you cake. Naomi did a good job!

Carrie said...

Fun! Happy late birthday! :)