Friday, June 5, 2009

Summertime

Naomi found my winter hat in a pile of clothes to pack away until winter and decided she wanted to wear it. I thought it was so cute, I had to get a picture (of course). Here she is looking up the next recipe she wants to make. She picked a soup to make out of her Sesame Street cookbook and it ended up being really good, so she has good taste.
Today we tried out a new park. Naomi lately has wanted to run around barefoot. I don't see how running around on the playground bark is comfortable, but I guess to her it's better than wearing shoes. We tried out a merry-go-round for the first time, and Naomi loved pushing me around on it.
Here is snow in June. Okay, it's not really snow, it's "cotton" from the cotton trees. This stuff just falls off the trees and litters the ground. It looks like snow, even when it's falling. It's kind of fun, unless you're barefoot, and then it sticks to your feet (and your jogging stroller's wheels). Kurt said they had this stuff in Ukraine and people would just take a match to it. The cotton burns right up and leaves everything else. I kind of want to try it, but I have a feeling management wouldn't be too happy with me.

2 comments:

Paula Mildenstein said...

Thanks for the pictures. By the way I sent a package to Naomi, it should be there in a few days!

Joyous said...

I really like your idea of having a child's cookbook that they get to pick things out of to make. I'll have to look into that . . .