
I'm a little behind on posting, so I thought I'd do a week's worth of posts in one. We inherited a grill from some people moving out and someone gave us charcoal, so we invited a few of our friends over to make s'mores. Unfortunately the charcoals were too old or too wet because they wouldn't light (and they were supposed to be easy-light kind). We ended up burning sticks for our s'mores. Afterwards we all played games.

Naomi is discovering "paw-cles". Don't say the word or she'll want one.

This last Friday a group of moms and kids went to the Powder Mills Park Fish Hatchery. They sell fish food for a quarter. Naomi loved feeding the fish (and herself when I wasn't looking). The fish would all swarm after the food and practically do flips for it. It was pretty fun to watch. Afterwards we ate lunch and a few of us stayed and went on a little hike.

Our neighbor came up with the idea to start a babysitting co-op. Those who join sign up to babysit a couple of times over a 3 month period. We each start out with 20 hours of babysitting that we give to people as they watch our kids and they give us as we watch their kids. Kurt and I used the co-op for the first time this Saturday when a neighbor watched Naomi so we could go to the temple. We don't go as often as we should because I always feel guilty asking people to babysit, but with the co-op, we know we're all helping each other out, so I don't feel bad. The temple was great and I'm excited that we'll be able to go more often now (as well as on dates now and again!)

After the temple, I helped out with the Primary activity. The turnout was huge. We had about sixty kids come, and they all had a blast. The theme was "Scripture Olympics". The kids learned stories from the Bible and Book of Mormon, then played a game related to the stories, such as Nephite/Lamanite wars water balloon fight and Noah's Ark animal sorting.

And this is Naomi today after her nap. I just wanted to record Naomi's fun naptime/bedtime routine. Naomi loves company. If you can't tell, that's five stuffed animals and a blanket she's holding in her arms. She likes having her stuffed animals when she goes down to bed. Then after she wakes up and we go in and get her, she wants to take them all with her. She asks for each animal by name--monkey, Abby, doggy, bear, and b-bat (a stuffed wombat). And blanket. I just think it's the cutest thing ever.
4 comments:
The pics of Naomi are cute but Traci, you look great!!
Babysitting-co-ops are awesome!!!!
I love Naomi's collection of bedtime friends :) And you look great!
Post a Comment