Saturday, December 13, 2008

What's in a name?

I found a fun name site through another blog. You can enter your name and find out how many people in the country have the same name as you. I'm not sure how much of it is statistics and how much is actuality, but it's fun anyway. Here is what I found out about my name:
  • There are 58,117 people in the U.S. with the first name Traci.
  • Statistically the 723rd most popular first name.
  • More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Traci are female.

  • There are 336 people in the U.S. with the last name Mildenstein.
  • Statistically the 75677th most popular last name.
  • There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Traci Mildenstein.
I also did my maiden name:
  • There are 979 people in the U.S. with the last name Durland.
  • Statistically the 28072nd most popular last name.
  • There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Traci Durland.
I guess I just don't exist. There is one Tracy Durland according to the census (I have even seen her account on facebook).

Here are Naomi's stats as well:
  • There are 108,587 people in the U.S. with the first name Naomi.
  • Statistically the 504th most popular first name.
  • More than 99.9 percent of people with the first name Naomi are female.
  • There are 1 or fewer people in the U.S. named Naomi Mildenstein.
Here is a link if you want to try it out yourself.

3 comments:

KJenx said...

That was fun. Mary is 5th most popular and Griffin was like you 1 for fewer with that 1st name, and I saw that kid at the zoo a few months ago! :>

Traci said...

I was thinking, "Hey, maybe I'll try my first name". Then I realized that you already did!

Heather Jewell said...

Hey cool, thanks for sharing.