Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh, The Things Naomi Can Do

Naomi keeps learning new things everyday. This picture is from a few days ago. We started playing "peek-a-boo" in the cupboard under the kitchen sink. Naomi closes the cupboard door most of the way, then opens it up. "Peek-a-boo!" (Well, she doesn't say peek-a-boo yet, but she laughs.)

Naomi can now say "wa-wa" for water. She'll bring me a cup. I'll say, "do you want some water?" and she'll say "wa-wa." Then she goes and sits on her step stool, waiting for her water to come. As I get closer, she reaches out her arms full length for her cup. She does this several times a day.

Naomi colored on herself with a pen for the first time today. Aw, cute.

At the book sale yesterday, Naomi picked out her first jazz tape, "The Big Bands Live," featuring such names as Glenn Miller and Tommy Dorsey. She makes her mama so proud.

She also associates love with kisses. When she hears me tell someone I love them, she puckers her lips and makes a kissing sound.

She knows what "hot" means. She can get quite impatient for her food to cool down, not understanding why she has to wait. So, I give it to her, but explain that it is hot, and wave my hand in front of my mouth. So now when I say something is hot, she'll wave her hand in front of her mouth, often sticking out her tongue. I know she knows what it means, too, because sometimes I give her food and forget to tell her it's hot. But when she touches it, she stops and waves her hand in front of her mouth. I think she would actually pick up sign language quite easily.

Naomi also knows that putting on her coat means we're going outside. Yesterday she brought me her coat to put on her, then headed to the door in hopes that we would venture outside. She loves going places. Yesterday I was searching for a play kitchen on craigslist. We went to a couple different houses, and as we approached the doors, she got really excited. She loves exploring new places. Sometimes she is really upset when we go home. I guess we need to get out more.

1 comment:

Paula Mildenstein said...

We are so excited to see her do these things. 14 more days! Love Nana