Sunday, July 1, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade

 I saw this ice cube tray in the dollar section at Target and I couldn't resist. I started out using it for ice, and my girls loved it. Then one day I looked at our expiring strawberries in the fridge and a light bulb went off. I pureed my strawberries in the blender, then froze the puree in my star ice cube tray (it took several shifts to freeze it all).
 I like to make homemade lemonade anyway, courtesy my sister, Carmen's recipe. So I just added the strawberry stars to the lemonade and voila! Strawberry lemonade! It was a hit, and I'll definitely be doing it again.
Although next time I'll strain out the seeds. :)

If you're interested in the lemonade recipe, it's really easy: 1 cup lemon juice, 1 cup sugar, 6 cups water. Mix. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Paula Mildenstein said...

Looks really yummy. Can I try some too?