Naomi and Emma love dressing up, and they also love wearing glasses when they get the chance.
I made a rule that the kids have to put the toys in the playroom before they can watch tv. Maybe I should be a little more specific...
Naomi has been begging for months to go camping. Kurt had last Friday and Saturday off, so we decided it would be the perfect opportunity to take her. Unfortunately, we decided to go a little late, and most of the campgrounds had to be reserved ahead of time, and the window for reserving them was past. However, a few campgrounds were first-come-first-serve, so we decided to go up early and try our luck.
The drive up was really pretty, if not a little windy in places. The scenery reminded me of driving up American Fork canyon in Utah.
Unfortunately, when we got to the campsite, it was all full. It turns out that when the website said the campgrounds are first-come-first-serve, what they actually meant was that all campgrounds are reservation only. Tomatoes, tom-ah-toes, really. I guess it was just too much of an inconvenience to update the website. I'm sure the hours we spent getting ready and the hour and half of driving time required to find out this information were trivial compared to the effort it would have taken to change two sentences on their website.
The drive was pretty, though, and if we get a chance, I'm sure we'll try again. Next time we'll reserve a spot. Oh, I almost forgot. The icing on the cake. Remember how I said the road was windy? Not windy as in wind blowing, but windy as in lots of turns. Turns out, Emma gets kind of carsick. On the drive back, she got carsick all over her clothes and our pillows. Luckily we had a spare change of clothes in the back, and she seemed fine after that.
On Saturday, Emma decided to go "night night" in a storage bin. It didn't last long.
Then on Sunday, we went to a ward luau of sorts. A couple in our ward just got sealed on Saturday (they're converts), so another ward member threw a potluck luau for them.
My girls loved their dogs.
Like Naomi's eyeshadow? Just kidding, that's a bruise. Last night she was trying to get inside a storage bin (the same one Emma's going "night night" in), and got in wrong and fell. Whacked her eye. Her eye bruised immediately, although it was much smaller last night.
Today she decided she was going to be a princess and added blush and lipstick. If only I actually had purple eyeshadow, we could make this look intentional...
2 comments:
What a bummer about camping! That would make me mad at the darn camp ground! Hope you get to go soon though.
Oh man, that stinks! Hopefully you can go again soon. Fun to talk to you today!
Post a Comment