The week of President's Day Naomi had a week off from school. As fun as it was to have her home more, I was struggling to come up with fun activities. I don't how we're going to make it through the summer!
Naomi suggested we make cupcakes.
Beautiful, right? She'll be helping with my cakes any day now. :) Actually, I really do think Naomi has great artistic ability. I can't wait until she's old enough to help with some cakes and offer her input.
I love this shot of the excess sprinkles. :)
Another activity we did over and over was a science experiment involving baking soda and vinegar (sound familiar?). I put a few drops of food coloring in the bottom of the glass, then covered it in baking soda. Naomi then poured vinegar on top to bubble it up. Naomi loved being surprised with the color in the glass. She also loved it when the mixture over-flowed the glass. :)
We did this activity so many times we used over a gallon of vinegar. It just doesn't get old. :)
Other activities of the week were a tea party hosted by a friend, going to Kango, and a pizza party. It was a pretty good week.
1 comment:
You always have good ideas of things to do with the kids when we're stuck inside! The "hiding" food coloring was brilliant. I'll have to try that one!
Post a Comment