Since yesterday was so crazy, we opted to have Emma's birthday party today instead. We invited several friends (and I failed to photograph any of them!).
Emma got these fun animal plates for her party.
Um, yeah, this was her cake. I know it looks okay, but it's nothing like what I had envisioned. I just completely ran out of time. I feel bad that I make these elaborate cakes for other friends, then totally skimp out on my own kids!
Emma "enjoying" her cake. Actually, she ate a bite of cake and a bite of ice cream, then ran off to play, never looking back. Maybe it's a good thing I didn't spend forever on it...
Naomi enjoying the cream cheese frosting.
After the party Emma decided to push Naomi on the swings. :) By the way, Emma loves to swing. She always wants me to do "1, 2, 3" which is Emma for an underdog.
To give you an idea of what the cake would have looked like if I had not been completely swamped this week, here is a sample I had drawn on fondant earlier to practice my idea. I was going to cover the cake in fondant, then paint a scene with grass and ladybugs. I was also planning on sculpting a ladybug out of rice krispie treats, then cover that with frosting and put it on top of the cake. Yeah, not so much. Maybe next year?
Anyway, Emma had a great birthday, even if she had no clue that's what it was!
2 comments:
Traci, your idea is adorable! and yes, the actual cake you made looks diving. Mmmmm. I need to go have me some birthday cake!
oops -- divine, not diving! :)
Post a Comment