Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thoughts

Right now my kids are watching Wiggles. Emma threw up today, so we're going to take it easy. I feel bad for her. I know she's hungry, but she's lost everything she's eaten today, including water. That was a first for me. I've never seen water projectile vomited before (you're welcome for that imagery). I feel bad for Naomi, too. I wanted to go somewhere this morning since Naomi has today and tomorrow off from preschool. So we may be getting antsy come naptime. Thankfully I do have one or two projects up my sleeve.

Naomi has said a lot of cute things lately, and I wanted to write the ones I remember down before I forget. Last night before she went to bed, Naomi went up to Kurt and said, "Daddy, I'm lucky to have you. I love you." It was so sweet! She then came up to me and said the same thing (except addressed to mommy, of course). I just wanted to squeeze her forever. She loves to give "squeezy hugs", where she squeezes us as tight as can be. She is the sweetest little girl.

The other thing I remember was when Kurt and I were explaining to Naomi that Daddy was going to be a doctor. Naomi burst into tears. Kurt and I were so confused, so we asked her what was wrong. She thought that by becoming a doctor, Kurt couldn't be her daddy anymore. We explained that Kurt would still be her daddy and she was happy again. It was so sad and cute at the same time.

Emma has plenty to say as well, but we don't always understand her yet. :) She can say:
meow
here you go
I swear last night she said "drink of water" while handing me a glass, or at least "dik a wa"
outside
cupcake
cookie
coat

She can say lots more as well. I guess I should write it down as I hear it. She understands a lot of what we say to her and can answer "uh huh" or no when we ask her a question. She also loves order. She's very good at putting her shoes away after we take them off. She seems to love putting things away. I hope we can encourage this better than we did with Naomi. We're not the best at putting things away right away, which is something I'd really like to do better at.

Anyway, I have the cutest kids. And I hope Emma gets better soon. She doesn't really seem tired or like she has a fever, so I'm hoping this will pass quickly.

No comments: