Nana's on break from school thanks to UEA, so she came to visit! She brought some furniture for Naomi's new doll house that both girls love. They have been having a blast.
Nana also brought books for the girls, which they have enjoyed reading with Nana.
On Friday we went to Powers Market farm to feed the animals, pick pumpkins, and buy pumpkin donuts and grape pie. Yum! Oh, and in the above picture Emma is making a silly face she likes to make lately. She is sticking out her bottom teeth. Silly Emma!
We were waiting to go on a hay ride in these pictures. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but that was before we knew it was haunted. Nana and I spent the whole ride explaining to Naomi how "silly" it was. I think for the most part our strategy worked, especially since it really wasn't that scary.
Feeding the animals. Emma wanted to feed the animals vicariously through Nana.
We stopped by McDonald's on the way home. Unfortunately, it was a bit of a traumatic experience. Naomi went up in the play place and didn't come down for a while. I was getting worried, so I climbed up after her, and found her huddled in a corner, crying. Apparently some kids had been kicking her. I'm not sure if it was intentional or not (it was pretty packed with kids), but I felt so bad for her. That was our cue to hightail it out of there.
That night, Kurt and I went on a date. We went to Aladdin's Natural Eatery for dinner (very yummy!), then went to the Eastman Philharmonia. It was a lot of fun! As a side note, if you're in that part of town, and you want to find an ice cream place, the first two ice cream shops listed on your GPS may actually be industrial warehouses. Just sayin'.
No comments:
Post a Comment