Here they are playing tug-of-war.
Emma supports from the sidelines.
This was my favorite part of the whole day. They did a race around these cones. They had six kids running at once, and when it was time for Naomi's group to go, she took off like a flash. She had a hat on at the beginning of the race, but it fell off. I was worried she was going to stop to pick it up, but oh no, she looked back to see that it fell but kept on running. She outran everyone in her heat by a long shot, even the boys. I overheard her teachers talking about how she was probably the youngest one there, too. One of her teachers was calling her a "track star".
Here Naomi is crossing the finish line. I wish I could have captured how far behind the other kids are, but to give you a hint, see how they're not right behind her in the picture. And look where the adults in the picture are looking. I think part of it was the other kids were a little confused at the start about what exactly they were doing, but Naomi had her vision from the get go and she got it done. :) Eye on the prize. Did I mention she was the only one in a skirt? A tutu, in fact.
Playing "Red Rover". This game involved running across the field when you were called. And meeting the teacher on the other side. A bit different than the game I remember.
Naomi said this was her favorite part. She got to throw water balloons at the teachers. And the teachers weren't wearing shoes! She would want me to mention that part, since that really stood out in her mind. Here again, Naomi was excited to get into the action. After the teacher said, “go!” all the other kids hesitated. Not Naomi! She was firing away.
Her teacher later mentioned that Naomi is sometimes shy to try new things, but she was impressed with how Naomi just got in there today. I was pretty proud of her (if you couldn’t already tell). It may have helped that she already loves racing and throwing water balloons at home. Naomi with her friend and classmate, Alyse. I know it looks like Naomi's really short, but in her defense, Alyse is a year and a half older.
Emma loved playing with the cones.The champion!
While Naomi had her victory snack, Emma and I hung out in the hall, where Emma found a little bike with her name on it. I didn't even know she could read!
For the second half of Preschool, Naomi played in the gym. Here she is decorating a picture frame to put a picture of her at the field in. She also put her handprint on a poster for the event and played musical chairs. She loved musical chairs. I'll have to remember that if I ever have a party sometime.
And the day ended with circle time back in the classroom. Naomi had such a fun day and I'm so glad we got to be there! Go orange team!
No comments:
Post a Comment