Tummy time.
Hangin' around.
Last Thursday Naomi was a little feverish in the morning. I wasn't sure if it was from being sick or from the heat since that was her only symptom. She was her usual cheerful self other than that, so I decided to go ahead and take her to the Farmer's Market like I had planned to buy tomato starters. After we got back, Naomi became very lethargic. She slept for an hour on the couch. Our house was like an oven. So, I dragged up our AC from the basement and the fan from Naomi's room and got the place cooling down. I also gave her water and anything I could think of to help her. Kurt even came home from school early to bring her some Powerade to help with dehydration. After all that and a dose of Tylenol, she became her usual self again, so I chalked it up to heat exhaustion.
She wanted to play outside with her friend, so I gave a bowl of water to play with. She was having fun, but after a while I noticed she was mostly staying under the picnic table. I tried to get her to come inside, but she insisted she wanted to stay out and play.
That time in the sun took it out of her yet again. Or maybe the Tylenol had just worn off. She laid down on the couch and I gave her a cool rag. After another dose of Tylenol, she seemed to be doing better again, so I went back to thinking it was heat exhaustion. That night with the AC in her room on full blast, she woke up in a sweat with her fever back up again, so Kurt said she must have really been sick, but after that night her fever was gone.
On Saturday she started coughing. I didn't think too much of it, but she was still coughing on Sunday, so Kurt stayed home from church with her to keep other kids from getting sick.
That night we had a yummy dinner of tacos, blackberries and s'mores. Naomi was quite the mess afterward, so Kurt took her up for a bath. Next thing I know, Kurt is calling for me. When I go to assess the situation, Kurt tells me Naomi threw up in the bath. I look at her and she had red all over. I almost freaked out, thinking she was puking blood, but I knew by Kurt's reaction that couldn't be the case (although initially he thought the same thing). Yes, you guessed it, it was blackberries. They look remarkably like blood after they've been smashed up a bit. Naomi carried a bucket around after that, but that was the only incident we had (very fortunate timing, with it being in the bathtub). So, Naomi seems fine now, but her cough is still persisting. I keep waiting for her cough to die down to take her outside to play, but she's getting pretty tired of being cooped up all day. Hopefully she's all the way better soon.
Naomi has been able to climb out of her crib for some time now. Lately she has been waking up around 6-6:30 and coming into our room. Kurt has been gracious enough to take her downstairs so I can get some more sleep (he usually gets up at 6:30 anyway). Monday morning, Naomi decided to venture downstairs by herself without telling mommy and daddy. She then decided to peruse the fridge. When Kurt found her, she had already opened a yogurt and poured chocolate syrup in it. She had also cracked open three eggs and rubbed the contents all over the table, chairs and floor. Yes, we have quite the chef on our hands. I'm not sure if that means we should be cooking with her more or less.
2 comments:
Oh that sounds like the same thing Miriam and Enoch had (Miriam had the fever worse and Enoch's cough was worse but they both had both) I hope she feels ALL better soon! That is quite the mess she made for you that morning! Ahh such times :) Good luck on your garden. And I'm glad you didn't cut down the rose bush...I remembered it having very pretty flowers before :)
You need a fridge lock girl. Hannah just started getting into the fridge so I bought one and I am sooo glad. Fridge lock for Hannah, toilet lock for Abby. Hopefully I will be able to avoid any major incidents.
Post a Comment