
I wanted to get Naomi a dollhouse for Christmas, and I ended up buying one that was on sale for 50% off, but I didn't like it as well as I'd like. I kept meaning to take it back, but Naomi found it yesterday and I couldn't tell her no, so we got it out. I guess we're stuck now. :) It's a cute dollhouse, it just has a lot of little pieces. I'm worried that Naomi will lose them or the baby will choke on them. I guess I compromised in a way. I packed up all the littlest pieces for Naomi to take out again in a few years and we've decided to pack up all the furniture when she's not playing with it to try to keep from losing pieces and to keep it contained. I guess we'll see how it goes. Part of me still wants to sell it on craigslist and get a different one.

But, Naomi loves playing with it. I love watching her play with the dolls. She totally has conversations with her dolls that we've had before. It's fun to watch her act out her life in miniature. And incidentally, she wanted to wear a dress (she picked it out) and after she put it on, she said, "I'm a Princess!" And she calls her dollhouse a castle.
4 comments:
We got Anna a doll house for Christmas and she loves it! It's the Fisher Price Loving Family Doll House. I think the people are kind of funny looking, but the nice thing about that house is you can add room sets over the years such as the living room set or the dining room set. Anna has actually named the Dad of her doll house "Gary" and the mom "Traci". I'd say it was a good move to take away the small parts though. I'm already worried about Benson and Anna's small toys.
Well She IS a princess!!!
Yes she is a princess!
That dollhouse looks awesome! Can I come over and play??
Post a Comment