...with Wikipedia. I have been searching for a particular song* for years. Every now and then I check for it at Borders or online, but I could never find it. Well, tonight I finally decided to do a little research on Wikipedia only to discover I'd been calling it the wrong name all these years! No wonder I couldn't find it! So I was finally able to locate it to buy on iTunes. I am so happy! This is my little piece of heaven. Oh, Wikipedia.com, what don't you know...
*In case you were wondering, the song is Manha de Carnival by Luiz Bonfa featuring Stan Getz. This whole time I thought it was called Black Orpheus, but it turns out Black Orpheus is the name of the movie this song was featured in. So sometimes people call the song Black Orpheus, but the version I was looking for, with Stan Getz, is called Manha de Carnival. It is a Brazilian bossa nova (jazz) from the 60s. You've probably never heard it or heard of it (you'd probably call it elevator music), but I love this song.
1 comment:
Wikapedia is such a lifesaver, indespensable!
Post a Comment