
For Thanksgiving, Kurt had Thursday and Friday off from school. It was nice to have so much free time; usually on the weekends Kurt still has homework to do, so this was authentic free time. Here is a collection of pictures from the break. Above, Naomi put on her coat all by herself. Can you tell? No, that's not an unusually high collar (although you could argue she is making a fashion statement), she just has it on upside-down.

For Thanksgiving dinner, we invited our friends the Moores and Frank from Kurt's class at school. This was my first attempt at a turkey, and I thought it turned out pretty well.

As with last year, I forgot to take pictures of consuming the actual feast, and only remembered in time to take pictures of dessert. So here is Naomi enjoying her pie. She loved her dinner as well. She loved the turkey and I guess she is a big mashed potatoes fan. I'll have to make them more often, I guess.

After dinner we sat around and talked while Naomi played with blocks. It wasn't long before Naomi invited everyone to play with her (imagine 2-year-old beckoning hands accompanied by a fervent "Come on!"). I think Naomi enjoyed having all the extra company and attention.

On Friday, we checked out a few black friday deals. Kurt got a new dress shirt and tie to replace one that got ruined in the wash. Meanwhile, to distract Naomi she and I found these fun animals pillows (and just so you know, I took her shoes off after taking this picture). She loved sitting on the comfy pillows and just said over and over "I like it! I like it!" I wasn't totally left out of the black friday madness, though. I picked up a 6-quart slow cooker for $13. I was pretty happy about that (I've been wanting one, but the cheapest I could find one for was $40).

Then after Naomi's nap we set up our Christmas tree. Naomi loves Christmas trees. She gets excited any time she sees one and always points them out at stores. She loves the lights. If we come downstairs and the lights are unplugged, she makes a fuss until the lights are back on ("Oh, no! It's dark!" or "It's broken!")

This seems to be a favorite spot for her. Right under the tree. It's almost as if she knows what will soon be under the tree just for her...

Kurt and I cut up what was left of the turkey and put it in freezer bags for future use. I got about 12 cups of turkey to use. Awesome. Not bad for a $6 turkey. (The deal here was $.39/pound, and I got a 20-pounder.)

On Saturday we made sugar cookies. Well, some of us made them. Others of us just ate them. It was a great break and we were grateful to be able to spend so much time with Kurt.
1 comment:
I love the playing with blocks picture! It is pretty hard to resist Naomi's invitation to "come on!"
Post a Comment