So, I don't have any pictures, but I'm just going to share some thoughts I've had lately, so feel free to skim or skip until I actually take the time to post pictures. :) The weather's been cooling down here lately. We had a few warmer days, but we're starting to spend more and more time indoors. Kind of sad. The sun is setting before 5 pm now and I miss the sunshine. But in turn we're starting to have more play dates now.
Naomi is so fun these days. She is talking so much more and it's fun to watch her interact with her friends. They discuss things they want to do ("watch Dora!" "play ball!" etc.) and have their little fights and resolutions. She's getting to be such a big girl. :) I feel like Naomi is getting sillier, but in a fun way. She gets so excited about everything, and when she gets excited she jumps up and down animatedly like she's about to open presents on Christmas morning. Even little things like saying she can have yogurt send her into a frenzy of excitement. She's also very social and loves playing with her friends. In fact, she seems to prefer her friends over me. I thought that wasn't supposed to happen for a few more years... But seriously, if we ever go over to a friend's house, Naomi usually goes inside first, then turns around and says, "no, no, no!" and won't let me in the house. I guess she thinks I won't let her stay.
And I'm starting to wonder if I should potty train her. Today she didn't take a nap. She played up in her crib (she's been wanting the crib side on lately), screaming (playfully) off and on for over an hour and a half. I finally went and got her, only to discover that she had pulled her diaper off and put her pants back on. Fortunately she didn't have an accident, but now I'm wondering if maybe this is some kind of hint. I'm really dragging my feet about potty training, but I suppose it will be easier now than when I have a new baby. But she has such a skinny bum, her pants barely stay up with the bulk of the diaper. If she starts wearing panties, there is no way her pants will stay on. Any thoughts?
Naomi has also entered a new phase in her life where she enjoys older-audience cartoons. Her favorites right now are "Cars" and "Monsters, Inc." It's a nice change from the Wiggles and Barney. She has a few cars from the movie, and knows their names. She loves "Lightning McQueen" and "Loojuh" (Luigi, the tire sales car). She can spot a "Cars" promotion item a mile away. I might also mention that she really loves this new show on PBS called "Dinosaur Train". It's about these dinosaurs that ride a train to visit different dinosaurs. Anytime she gets to watch the show it makes her day. It's fun to hear her quoting it. We played at a friend's house today and they had some dinosaurs. I looked over to see her playing with dinosaurs and say, "All aboard!" She is too cute.
She is also getting really good at memorizing books. She absorbs so much more than I ever realized. Kurt was reading a Christmas book to her that we read from time to time and suddenly she started quoting the whole thing! She's a little sponge. A few of her favorite books right now are "Pinkalicious", a book about Clifford going to a fire house, and "Curious George Goes to the Zoo." She loves a lot of books, but she seems to especially love books that have familiar characters (mostly from PBS kids' shows). The other day we went to the library so I could check out some books for me, and I let her pick a book as well. We found one about dinosaurs and she loves it. She says it's the Dinosaur Train, even though it's not really from the show at all. She loves to read it over and over again. She's starting to quote that one as well.
I think this age is such a fun age for me. Naomi's getting more independent, but she is so much fun to watch. She likes playing with me, and having me pretend play with her (such as pretending to eat or drink something, after which she asks "it's good?"). One thing she does that makes me laugh is often after she gets hurt, she looks at me and asks, "Ice cream?" I don't know where she gets it. I can't remember ever offering her ice cream after she's fallen down before, but it's so funny that she asks for it so she'll feel better. She is such a polite little thing, too. She's very good at saying "thank you!" and "you're welcome!" in her cute little voice. She also loves babies. Her best friend has a baby sister that Naomi and I have babysat a few times. Every time she's over, Naomi talks to the baby like she can understand her and gets her her bottle and pacifier. It's so cute. I'm just hoping she's as good when she has a little newborn constantly around. :) But I think she'll be a good big sister. Naomi is so good natured; I think she is very easy to get along with. She's fun and generally very happy. We like having her around. :)
3 comments:
I love the age where you can't skip a page in a book because they know and will call you on it! Lewis loves Clifford and Thomas the Train books. I think the dinosaur train rocks! She and Lew can watch together for hours next time we are together!
I miss her so much. I am excited to see her do all of these things soon. Hurry Christmas!
Hey Traci, you can buy 2T/3T panties and also pants with an adjustable waist. If that doesn't work, you can use Pampers Easy Ups instead of panties (I love those but they are expensive!).
Post a Comment