Friday, November 20, 2009

New Blog

Maybe you've guessed by now, but lately I've been playing with the idea of starting a part-time from-home cake decorating business. I need a lot more practice (as in, several years' worth) before that could really happen. And I'm not sure how serious I really am about it, but just for kicks, I started a new blog about the cakes I've decorated so far. I created it partly in hopes that I'll improve and be able to look back when I'm frustrated with how my cakes look and realize that I really have gotten better. :)

I did put a poll on the side bar for my own information, asking about if/what people would be willing to pay for a cake. Don't feel any pressure to take it or anything; it's mostly for curiosity's sake. I'd like to get more experience under my belt before charging anything and I don't want to make things awkward between friends or family.

The website is http://cakedoodling.blogspot.com/. You can also get to it through my profile. The blog, as you might have guessed, is called Cake Doodling.

No comments: