Kurt's birthday was a week ago. I decided to make him a special cake for his birthday. Since I was on a time crunch, I needed to bake the cake while I was in the shower, but I was afraid Naomi might try to peek in the oven while I was away (although she never has before; she's usually good about avoiding hot things). To distract her, I put her in her booster chair and let her lick the bowl/spatula while I showered. I guess she thought it tasted pretty good. As far as I know she didn't actually swallow any pieces of spatula, but it's hard to say for sure.
Naomi "helping" with the cake. This was an extra piece I wasn't using.
When Kurt sent out invitations for his party, he informed our future guests (as a joke) that it would be ninja turtle themed. I thought it would be fun to do it for real, so I made a ninja turtle cake. Unfortunately, I was more preoccupied by my cake than the man of honor, so this is the only picture I got of Kurt on his birthday--his hand cutting the cake. Sorry, Kurt. I'll try to do better next year.And just because I know you're all dying to see it, here is my "making of" video for the cake.
3 comments:
That is HILARIOUS!!!! I am laughing so hard at the Ninja Turtle birthday!
Love the cake. Wish I could have seen it. It look really good.
I like the making of the cake! Pretty cool!
Post a Comment