Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Big Girl Bed

Before Naomi was born, I wanted to get "neutral" crib bedding so it could last through any and all kids we might have. So this is what Naomi has had the last two years. Not exactly girly, but she does love the animals.
For Naomi's birthday, she got new bedding, including a matching chair, which Naomi loves.
So far she loves it. We were a little nervous since the theme is butterflies and she seemed rather terrified of the butterflies at the museum, but since these butterflies stay in one place, she seems okay. In fact, every time she goes in her room, she gets excited and points at the butterflies hanging from her ceiling, saying "butterflies!"

We took the side off her crib and so far she is doing really well. She has fallen off once, but hopefully she'll learn quickly. The funny thing is, she stays in her bed once we put her down. She doesn't try to get out and play with toys, she just stays as though the crib side is still up. Even this morning when she was awake for probably half an hour before I went in and got her, she was still just sitting on her bed. I don't know if she doesn't understand her new freedom or she's afraid of falling off the bed, but I'm counting my blessings for now. (By the way, there is a matching pillow to go with the set, too, it was just downstairs when we took the picture.)

No comments: