Friday, July 31, 2009

Camera Happy

It is with some shame that I admit that my mother-in-law has bought me not one, but three cameras since Kurt and I got married. That's one for each year we've been married. While she is a very generous person, the real reason she keeps buying me cameras is I keep losing them. The first one I lost on a campout (only to find out several months and a new camera later it had been in my backpack the whole time). The second one I lost a few months ago. That one I am pretty sure is gone for good. I've been using my first camera since losing my second one, but it takes pictures so slow, it can be difficult to get a good shot of a certain busy toddler. Enter camera #3. The third camera is a gift for my birthday, and I have had fun playing around with it since I got it. I can probably take four or five pictures in the time it took to take one picture on my old camera. Here are a few of the many pictures I have taken.
Believe it or not, these are actually really good indoor shots. The lighting in our house leaves something to be desired, so getting a well-lit picture is very difficult (especially at night).
I think the shadow across Naomi's face looks artsy in this picture.
Cute bathtime picture. Naomi likes to hold her own towel.
Cheese! Naomi likes to hold the (old) camera to her face and say "cheese!". I'm keeping my new camera out of her reach to avoid her throwing it in the trash or breaking it.
View from my backdoor.
Same view, this time at max optical zoom.
Just for kicks, view at max digital zoom. I know you lose image quality as you use digital zoom, but since my new camera has twice the megapixels as my old camera, the resolution on my new camera fully zoomed works out to be about the same as my old camera without zooming (which is still plenty for 4X6 and even 8X10 prints).

2 comments:

Kendra Goodrich said...

Love the new camera pics. Sorry you keep losing them (sounds like something I would do) but you have to upgrade SOMEHOW. Hope you have fun with it.

Tiffany said...

Your mother-in-law can't live without daily pics of your cute little one!