Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Agony
I e-filed our federal tax return for free a while ago, but the company I used didn't offer free state returns, so I thought "whatever, I'll just do it myself". I've done the Utah State return before, so filing the New York state tax return shouldn't be that hard, right? Oh, my gosh, I have spent so many hours and I am so confused. You need to fill out this form for this line. And to fill out that form, you need this form and maybe this other form, but to make it fun, we're not going to tell you if you really need it. And we'll make it impossible to figure out. I'm just printing off my forms, going to bed, and hoping for a clearer head (and some answers) tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yeah, it's a pain. I served my mission in Sweden, supposedly the country with the world's highest taxes. Aside from the sales tax (25%) and the gas tax (233%... yes, really), I asked how much the income taxes were there, and found out it was actually slightly lower than what I paid some years ago when I was a NY state resident.
Holler if you want help with the NY forms... am not an accountant but have done it (myself, by hand) a number of times.
Sounds fun!
We use www.taxslayer.com and it only cost $9.95 to file. It makes it so much easier. Good luck!
Post a Comment