Naomi will be turning a year a week from tomorrow and it's hard to believe. Kurt and I are both so grateful to have her in our lives. She is the cutest, happiest little girl and she's so much fun to have around. A friend of mine had on her blog a list of the things her little boy could do at his age, and I thought that was a good idea, so I thought I'd make a (non-comprehensive) list of things Naomi can do:
Naomi can walk. She's starting to look like she might run (especially when she's by the top of the stairs).
Naomi can eat from a spoon, but she only seems to do it out in the sandbox.
Naomi can laugh, clap, and smile. She claps when other people clap, even if it's on TV. Sometimes she'll even clap for mommy. And her smile is very contagious.
Naomi can fold her arms when we say prayers.
Naomi likes to walk down the stairs with assistance.
Naomi is good at entertaining herself on the playground, as long as mommy is in sight.
Naomi can drink from a sippy cup. She can also drink out of a water bottle if I'm willing to let her get a little wet.
Naomi can finally sleep through the night. Yeah!
Naomi can takes things out and put things into a container. She is my big helper when I do laundry. She helps put clothes in the laundry hamper. She also likes to put things in the garbage, which is sometimes good and sometimes bad.
Naomi will lift up her feet for me when she sees I am going to put shoes on her.
Naomi can imitate sounds.
Naomi can say "yeah". She knows that if I ask her a question, she can answer with "yeah", such as "do you love mommy?" "Yeah."
Well, that's a start. I'm very happy to have Naomi, although sometimes it seems too good to be true. When Kurt and I took her home from the hospital, we wondered when the real adults were going to come and take over, but it turns out that we're adults, too. Who knew?
2 comments:
We can't wait to see her (and you and Kurt too) next week! I can't believe all of the things that she has learned to do in the last 6 weeks. Thanks for all of the updates. We love your blog. Paula and Boyd
You forgot to tell that she is terrific at sharing especially when Pep needs to taste test her food!! Hope you are having fun. It was only 101 here today for Lewy's swim lessons. Almost chilly! :>
Post a Comment