Saturday, September 20, 2008

Naomi's birthday

A day or two before Naomi's birthday, a neighbor said we could borrow this toy. We were thinking of getting something like it anyway, so I think of it as a birthday loan. Naomi loves this little scooter. It plays music and she loves to dance when it is playing.
For Naomi's birthday, we had a Sesame Street themed party. I made an Elmo cake.
I also made Cookie Monster cupcakes, which were quite the hit. Not to brag or anything, but I thought they turned out pretty darn cute.
Here "Auntie Em" models the birthday bib.
Naomi enjoys her cake. She was actually more shy about it than I thought. Maybe the frosting was too hard.
Opening presents.
More presents. Naomi loves emptying containers, so this was a great game for her.

This is the Build-A-Bear from Aunt Joanie. Thank You! The bear is name "Kurtci, Medical Princess". (Kurtci is an inside joke, being the combination of Kurt's name and Traci's name.)
After it was all said and done, what does Naomi like the best? The packaging.

4 comments:

KJenx said...

I love how for Kurt's b-day there are 2 pics of Naomi and 1 of Kurt but 50 of Na on her birthday! I guess she is just more photogenic! Sweet!

Looks like she had a great time.

Kathy

Sariah said...

I must say, that cake looks pretty amazing and those cupcakes are incredible!!! Seriously I don't know how everyone makes all of these wonderful looking cakes for their children... Sydney's gonna get just a blob of cake probably... haha, poor girl.

Jill said...

Aunt Joanie is awesome. I love Kurtci the medical princess. The kids loved seeing the pictures of Naomi. Congratulations on the super cute cake and even cuter cupcakes! You are so talented.

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday, Naomi!! You're so grown up and walking already! Those Cookie Monster cupcakes cannot be homemade. They look amazing, Traci--what a good mommy.