Monday, August 6, 2012

Fun With Nana and Papa

 The Monday after my birthday, Emma helped me make cookie dough. I let her add the flour, then made the mistake of letting her turn on the mixer. She turned it on to full blast and got flour everywhere!
 But it turned out well! We used the cookie dough to make fruit pizza. Yum!
 On Tuesday we went to the Orange County Zoo. They had a little train you could ride, and ponies!
 My girls loved riding the ponies.
 Ever since riding the pony, Emma has mentioned riding ponies in every prayer she says, usually multiple times each prayer. And she finds a lot of opportunities to say prayers! Whenever I mention that we're going to say a prayer, Emma starts praying before anyone can beat her to it.




 We also went to the pool. We got these goggles for pretty cheap, and they've been a hit with the girls.




 On Thursday I paid a visit to my local State Senator. I was lobbying for California's Homemade Food Act, which, if passed, would allow me to sell the cakes I make at home. Fingers crossed! They were supposed to vote on it today, but they postponed the vote until the 16th. The bill has a lot of support and has already passed through several committees, and only needs to be voted on 3 more times, plus signed by the Governor. I'm cautiously optimistic!
 Nana got Naomi this fun sprinkler. Naomi had a blast playing in it.

We had a lot of fun visiting with Nana and Papa. We're glad we live close enough we can visit more often!

No comments: