Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Naomi made this cute card for Kurt for Father's Day. I thought her answers were pretty cute. For the record, Kurt is actually 29, not 32, although we were both surprised how close to his age she got.
   For dinner I attempted to make ribs. It went really well. The recipe called for baking in the oven for a couple hours, then putting it under the broiler for 15 minutes. I was supposed to check on it every few minutes, but I got distracted with making everything else for dinner and dessert (and having the kids "help" me). Well, I opened up the oven and smoke came pouring out and all the fire alarms went off. I was half expecting some fire trucks to show up, since that's always what happened at Whipple Park.
   We actually still ate the ribs. Surprisingly, after peeling off the black, the ribs were pretty good. When I was scraping off the black parts, Naomi announced that she would taste test the meat and tell us if we could still eat it. Right before she tried it, she said, "I have a feeling this isn't going to taste very good." Funny girl. But she tried it and declared it not only to be edible, but tasty to boot. :) We also had corn, rolls and Santa Claus melon.
  To celebrate his day, Kurt got a bike helmet and lock for his bike, which we just got off of craigslist. We sold our second car before we moved, so Kurt will be riding a bike to work instead. Happy Father's Day! ;) Maybe someday we'll be able to get him something he actually wants, like an iPad. :)

1 comment:

Rebe said...

Oh man! Those poor ribs. I am glad they were still edible. Ha ha!