Every year the fourth year mormon medical students host a BBQ for all the mormon medical students, so this year, it was our turn! We provided the main course (pulled pork sandwiches) and the paper products, while everyone else brought sides. We were afraid we'd be short on dessert, so a few of the fourth years also brought dessert. Turns out, we had more than enough. :)
Anyway, Emma taste tested my cupcakes ahead of time. She actually ate the whole thing instead of just the frosting, which I think must be a testament to how tasty they are. :) If you'd like to see more of the cupcakes, I posted the recipe on my cake blog.
Just before the BBQ, a neighbor boy was having a birthday party. This is the good and the bad of living at Whipple Park. There are a lot of kids around, so there's always a friend to play with. However, there's too many kids to invite them all to your birthday party. And if someone rents a giant inflatable toy and puts it up in the communal "backyard", it's pure torture if you're not invited...
...but I guess we kind of invited ourselves. I know the parents and they were really nice... (*sheepish grin*)
And here are the few shots I got from the "Mormoque" as last year's fourth years so lovingly named it.
I'm wishing I got a picture of all the fourth years together. I guess we'll have to get together again!
The park we went to for the BBQ had a baseball diamond, which the kids seemed to think was a giant sandbox.
1 comment:
Traci, the girls in Halloween clothes make me miss the US. BTW, how do I add you as friend on my blog (like the friends list that you have)? Thanks.
Post a Comment