Saturday, September 17, 2011

Milestones at the Fish Hatchery

 On Friday we went to the Fish Hatchery for the Friday activity. Friday was also Emma's half birthday, making her now 18 months. Hooray! She actually started nursery last week because her teachers are
nice. It has been a huge relief having her in nursery! Kurt and I both have callings where we're not really free to chase her around, so now we can focus on our callings and she gets to play with toys. Win/win! She did very well, by the way. Apparently she only cried when the other kids started crying.
 It was also Naomi's last day of being three.

 I tried to get a shot of the girls together.

 Shortly after my "photoshoot" the sun went behind the clouds, but by then the girls were done taking pictures. Bummer!

 Aren't they cute?
 Whenever I ask Naomi to smile, this is the smile she gives me. Very unnatural.
 So I decided to try asking her to laugh for me.

 It actually seemed to work pretty well.
 Cutie. She's getting so big!




Trying on Naomi's Hello Kitty hat.
 Later that day, Naomi took cupcakes to preschool for her birthday. Emma got to eat some of the leftovers when she got back (the teachers didn't take any! I was a little offended!). And she learned a new word: "kuka" (cupcake).

2 comments:

Amberly said...

I know! I saw how many cupcakes were left and thought, "Well I'LL take those home!" But I didn't. We'll get plenty of cake over the weekend. :)

Paula Mildenstein said...

The girls are growing up TOO fast. I love it when they are dressed alike.