Life has seemed especially wonderful lately. The weather continues to be gorgeous. The high today was 50 degrees (that's really warm here) and it's been beautiful and sunny. We've tried to get outside to play at least a little bit every day. Today we visited Kurt for lunch. Naomi loved riding the bus and seeing Daddy's school.
And of course we have a new baby coming as well. I've had many people comment that I seem too comfortable to be due in less than a week (my due date's the 15th). I admit I've been feeling really good lately. The baby dropped a week or so ago and I think I've been a lot more comfortable since then. I'm pretty lucky that I don't get the swelling or pinched nerves that a lot of pregnant women seem to get. I just get really warm. But that makes all the more reason to go outside. I just wear a sweater and the wind feels great. Naomi was born in September, so I was big and pregnant in the summer, then as soon as she was born, it got cold. I think this being due in March thing really works out. I'm big and warm during the cold winter, but after the baby's born, the weather's going to be nice. It's the perfect setup.
I wanted to post a bit about Naomi before the baby comes since she'll be losing the spotlight for a little while. Naomi has been very energetic and imaginative lately. She is starting to have conversations with imaginary friends, which Kurt and I think is very cute. The other day she was sitting at the dinner table and she started talking to a (friendly) monster, which was apparently sitting across from her. She offered the monster some imaginary food, which the monster thought was delicious. The monster later morphed into a baby monster, and then suddenly it was several monsters all sitting on the table. Kurt and I thought it was pretty funny. It's so cute to watch her play. She's also started playing a game where she knocks on the dishwasher until I ask, "who is it?" She'll then say who it is, be it Nana or Papa, a monster, or Dora. We then invite them inside.
I think she has a pretty good idea about the baby in mommy's tummy at this point. She wants the baby to come to "Naomi's house" to play. She tells me babies are cute, and she still loves to hug and kiss my belly. I'm excited for when Naomi can come visit us in the hospital to meet her baby sister for the first time.
As far as when this baby is coming, I suppose it's going to happen sometime, but I haven't really had many contractions (Braxton-Hicks) or anything. I was dilated to 2 cm at my last doctor's appointment, but as anyone who's had a baby knows, that really doesn't mean anything. I don't feel like it's going to happen super soon. We're hoping this baby waits until at least Thursday night anyway, since Kurt has a test on Thursday and starts his Spring Break after that. I know they say pregnant women tend to "nest" before the baby comes, but all my extra energy has gone into playing outside with Naomi and I don't dare skip my naps. I want to stay well rested before this baby comes. So the house isn't completely ready, but we're ready enough. :) I went a week over with Naomi and then was induced, so I really have no reason to believe this baby would come sooner. We would like for the baby to come during Spring Break so Kurt can have some time home with the baby before he goes back to school. So that's pretty much the scoop on that. But hey, if you want, you can make predictions in the comment section (or by email) about when you think the baby's coming. Because your guess is as good as mine. I should add, however, that my doctor told me she is willing to induce me on my due date if I want so that Kurt can have time to spend with the baby before he goes back to school, but right now I'm leaning away from the idea. I'd rather avoid the extra pain and the extra chance of c-section associated with induction. But I am well known for my ambivalence, so I can't promise I won't take her up on the offer.
2 comments:
Emma should make an appearance on March 13.
Awww, the monsters at the table had me cracking up. She is too funny!
Post a Comment