Monday, October 5, 2009
Cleanliness is next to. . . Impossible
This last week I decided to turn over a new leaf. Rather than waiting until company comes over to frantically clean the house, I decided to write out the things I needed to do around the house to stay on top of cleaning. I know, what a novel idea. I listed out what needed to be done every day, weekly, every other week and then by month. Well, in a way I think it has been a success. My house has definitely been cleaner and I am less embarrassed when people come over unexpectedly. But I sure have been tired lately. And my house still looks messy. It's just a cleaner messy (mull that one over a while). I know cleanliness and organization are not my strengths, but I'm really trying here. Meanwhile, time for blogging has seemed to diminish. . . I can't even imagine what it's like to keep a larger house clean. Smaller is definitely sounding very appealing right now. Or maybe hiring a maid. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I read yesterday that a large proportion of people in India have servants because there are so many people willing to work for so little there. It made me start thinking about where I could find $2/day labor. SO worth it.
i vote maid!
I made a list like that too. I kind of think of it as my chore chart. I even put a specific load of laundry for each day (i.e. whites, kid clothes..ect.) and exercises (ie. legs one day, arms the next..) My chore chart has been on the wall by the computer for probably about 9 months. I think I followed it for maybe a week! It is soooo hard to keep a house in order (for me at least). It sounds so easy, but the execution is not. I'm sure your place looks great. I think that true friends love you no matter what your house looks like though :).
I like the maid idea. Sounds really good to me!
Good try! I wish I was able to set up some sort of system but every time I even think of it my day goes crazy and just reminds me there is no such thing as a normal day to do such things.
Post a Comment