Friday, October 16, 2009

Powers Market Farm


Today we visited a cute little "farm". I think I'd call it more of a country store since they didn't actually grow anything there, but it was still a lot of fun. They had a lot of pumpkins to buy and a little place where they kept a few animals (I suppose that was the "farm" part of it). Naomi loved the animals. She loved feeding them. They had sheep, goats, donkeys, and deer. Naomi especially enjoyed feeding the sheep (the donkeys and goats seemed a little scarier). They also had these giant "teepees" made with corn stalk exterior. On the inside they had a bunch of lit up pumpkins. The store itself was pretty amazing. They had lots of fresh produce, although the majority of it was apples. They also had "home goods". I bought a grape pie, which is supposed to be very famous for this region. I thought I'd give it a try. We also tried out a pumpkin donut and a cup of hot cider. Naomi and I both had a lot of fun and I would definitely go again.

1 comment:

Paula Mildenstein said...

This looks like a lot of fun. We wish that we could have been there too!