In January, I hosted bookclub. We read Alice in Wonderland, and I threw a tea party. It was quite the hit. I made chocolate cake (of course!) and scones. Kurt helped me make some jam for the scones. We also had a variety of herbal teas.
We played at the park.
Naomi wanted to throw her own tea party with all her animal friends. She is holding "Tigee" which has been one of her favorites lately.
I had Emma try on one of Naomi's old swim suits to see if it would work for the summer. It fits great, but then the girls decided they wanted to go swimming. They were pretty insistent, so I agreed to take them for a few minutes. Now, Southern California is warm in the winter, but it's not that warm! The temperatures were in the low 70s that day, but the pool is not heated. It was freezing!
Naomi kept putting her toes in the pool, but that was it. Emma thought it would fun to jump full in. Bad idea. I felt so bad for her. We immediately got out and went to the hot tub.
Emma spent the rest of the time with her feet in the hot tub.
Kurt was actually off that day, so while we were at the pool, he hung up our family pictures on the wall. We figured that since Emma is almost 3, it's probably time to get a picture of her on the wall. :)
1 comment:
Your kids are so cute! That's funny that Emma jumped in the pool. :) They are getting so big!
Post a Comment