Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day Trip to Disneyland

 A week ago Friday Naomi had a day off from school, so I decided to head up to Disneyland for the day. I had planned on going by myself, but so many of my friends had the same idea, we had company almost the whole time we were there!
 I skipped Emma's nap, but things seemed to work out okay. She was pretty happy the whole time.




 We tried out a ride in Carsland we hadn't been on before. The tractor one is fun, but I have to admit, this one is pretty lame. It's basically a giant air hockey table. Those little circles on the ground blow air up so the "tires" float like hover cars, and you lean your body to get the tire to move. But, it's not very responsive, especially if your passengers are petite little girls.

 We had much more fun riding this ride in Bug's Life.

 There was an event that night in Disneyland, so the park closed at 7. I pretty much stayed in California Adventure the whole afternoon since Disneyland was crazy, but I left the park around 7. Apparently that was a good time to leave, since everyone from Disneyland was going into California Adventure. The line was crazy. This picture does not do it justice. The line was between 2/3 and 3/4 of the pavilion long. Usually only 6-20 people are in each line, but that day there were hundreds. I was glad I was leaving. I don't like crowds.
 I had a bit of a hang up when I got to the parking lot. See that pole that I'm pulled up next to? Yea, I'm not supposed to be that close. Why not, you ask? Well, because if you pull in that close, there's still room enough for someone to pull up behind you and block you in. Ask me how I know. The funny thing is, I realized the potential situation after I parked, but at that point, I already had the girls out of the car, and didn't want to deal with loading them back up. Besides, the parking lot attendants would surely keep someone from parking behind me. Ha.
But fortunately for me, I am not the only one to make this mistake. Apparently it is a frequent occurrence.  After calling the parking lot attendants, they came up with four tire jacks and pushed the car behind me out of the way. Within minutes of their arrival, I was merrily on my way home. I was very thankful my kids were behaving well, making the inconvenience not all that bad (although they did take almost half an hour to get there). After the long day, the kids passed out within about two minutes of turning on the car.

I felt brave for taking the kids by myself to Disneyland, but it wasn't that bad at all. We all had a lot of fun.

No comments: