Saturday, September 15, 2012

Naomi's 5th Birthday Party

Naomi's birthday is on Monday, so we had her birthday party today. Kurt had been scheduled for call, but fortunately someone traded with him so he got to have the day off! Naomi requested a pirate theme for her party.
 As guests arrived, we had them color paper to make their very own spyglass. Then we played "pin the patch on the pirate".
 Naomi requested this game and helped make it. We printed out the picture online, glued it to cardboard, then colored it in. I helped color, but Naomi picked all the colors out herself. She also cut out all the eye patches.
 The reward  for participating in the game was your very own eye patch!

We then sunk enemy ships with balloons. Yes, balloons are much more menacing than you thought. We had a laundry basket down below, and the kids all took turns trying to throw a balloon into the basket until it filled up.
 Then we went on a treasure hunt! The kids seemed pretty excited about this. It was fun watching them hunt for the next clues. The prize was a treasure chest filled with necklaces and coins, naturally. Every pirate's dream come true!
 Next we opened presents. Naomi says this was her favorite part. I can't imagine why...
 We had lunch after that. Pizza, veggies, grapes and chocolate milk.
 Naomi helped me make the cake the day before. She put on most of the candy and jewels. I happen to think this is the cutest picture ever.

I think the party was a success. Naomi had a lot of fun, and I think her friends did too. Happy almost birthday Naomi!

1 comment:

Rebe said...

Love that fun cake! Looks like you're getting settled. We need to get together again! I'll give you a call sometime.