Friday, September 21, 2012

Cafe Rio Outing

 This week I have been to Cafe Rio. Twice. You may be wondering why that's a big deal, but trust me, it is. You see, 6 years, 9 months and 18 days ago, Kurt took me ring shopping. We went to several stores trying on different rings, then went out for lunch at Cafe Rio. Well, that night I got sick. Very sick. So sick I threw up all that Cafe Rio. So sick I couldn't keep anything down, period. I became super dehydrated and passed out multiple times before I finally went to the hospital, where I ended up staying for three days before the doctors finally released me. They were never completely sure what was wrong, but I think the theory was that it was a bad combination of stomach flu with dehydration. But anyway, I had a strong association between Cafe Rio and that sickness. It has taken me years to get over it.

I am happy to report that this week I seem to have finally gotten over my bad memories of Cafe Rio. It turns out, a lot of the women in the ward go to Cafe Rio every Tuesday for lunch. I decided I needed to get over this so I could make some new friends! And, I enjoyed it so much, Kurt and I went back again last night.
 There is a fun fountain by Cafe Rio that the girls had fun playing in. And no, Emma is not all wet from the fountain. She accidentally spilled her ice-cold water all down her front. Poor girl.

Kurt got a gift card in the mail this week for Jamba Juice, which is next door to Cafe Rio, so we decided to get some Jamba as well. Turns out we picked a good time to go, since that location is offering "Happy Hour" every weeknight till the end of the month. From 5-7, they are selling their small size for only a dollar! So, our $10 gift is going to buy us 10 Jambas! Not a bad deal. :)
We had so much fun, we'll have to do this again sometime. Kurt and I have talked about how we both really miss Rochester. It's still hot here, and I keep wishing for cooler weather, apple picking and the beautiful fall, not to mention all the friends I left behind. But last night was the first time Kurt and I were feeling happy about being here. I still miss Rochester, but I'm starting to feel like we might find our place while we're here.

4 comments:

Naazju said...

Which location of Jamba Juice?! I will happily pay $1 for a small size (and still buy ten in one sitting).

Rebe said...

Glad you are starting to get settled. We are getting there too. Although after we got back from Utah I didn't feel like "Ahh, we're home" once I got off the plane here. Maybe soon? We are really missing apple season here too!

MaryAnne said...

Glad you're starting to get settled. We all miss you here too! And you'll be laughing all the way to the bank about the weather come January. :)

Shelly said...

I am so jealous that you live in California! It is so cold here already. Sad story about Cafe Rio! I love that place. Speaking of...I don't know how close you are to San Diego, but we are going to be there from oct. 2-10. We would love to see you guys! Let me know!!