We arrived safely in Utah. It still hasn't sunk in that I'm moving. I wasn't there when they loaded up the moving truck, and I never saw the empty house. I think in the back of my mind my subconscious is convinced I'm just on another vacation and that we'll be headed back to Rochester in a week or two. But I'll be back someday, right? Right?
But I'll focus on Emma now. Last year Nana got Emma an infant life jacket, but she HATED it. And she did not want to be held in the water, and she definitely did not want to sit in an infant floaty. So this year she graduated to a toddler life vest, and thankfully she is okay with it. It's a good thing, too, because her desire for independence in the pool has not changed!
We were only in the pool for an hour, but by the end, she was able to kick and move around by herself. She loves to jump in the pool, and half the time she doesn't want me to catch her. She even tried to jump off the diving board by herself, but I stopped her just in time. Seriously, I can't take my eyes off that girl for two seconds. I thought I'd be okay taking two kids to a pool by myself when we're in California, but I'm having second thoughts.
1 comment:
So cute! Evan on the other hand clutches me in the pool and holds on even tighter if he thinks I might let go. I actually don't have to hold onto him at all, he does all the work. We miss you guys here as well, it will be sad not to see Naomi in class on Sunday! Enjoy your time in Utah and good luck with the rest of the move.
Post a Comment