Monday, May 30, 2011

The Rest of the Vacation

 After the wedding, Kurt had to fly back home for school, but me and the girls stayed an extra week. We had lots of fun with family. The girls had an Easter egg hunt one day.

 Emma insisted on wearing either this sweater or her jacket the entire time we were there, even though it was not cold. Actually, one morning before Kurt left, he said Emma came up to him holding her jacket and shoes. She put her arms out to help put on her jacket, then sat down and stuck up her foot for her shoes. After that was taken care of, she walked over to the front door and pounded on it until Kurt opened it. She then walked over to the stroller sitting on the front porch and climbed in. Naturally, Kurt had to take her on a walk after that. She is so cute.
Here is the fort we set up for lunch one day.
 In the middle of the week, Naomi, my mother-in-law, and I got sick all around the same time. We then found out that my sister-in-law (on my side) was also sick, and we suspect we may have gotten food poisoning. It was pretty yucky, but Naomi and I were lucky enough to get over it in a day. It lasted longer for the others.
 Friday the 20th we visited my brother's family and their new little kittens.

 They had a box of puppets that Emma dumped out.
 And Naomi did a very entertaining puppet show for us. I believe this was a parrot and frog who were married and really liked each other.

 Saturday morning I went to my nephew Joseph's track meet. Joseph is the handsome one in blue. This was the Utah State track meet. He competed in three events over the course of two days. He took 4th in the 1600. Here he is running the 3200. He took 8th in that, with a time of 9:41. And this is coming off an injury. He also did a medley run, but I never heard how his team did on that one.
 Me and Joseph. Joseph is my birthday buddy. He was actually born on my tenth birthday (he has good taste), so I have a special place in my heart for him. *sniff*
 This is my nephew, Michael (Joseph's brother), after the track meet. I guess it was tiring.
 That night was my sister Carmen's birthday party. I guess I need to do better at taking pictures of people besides my kids. Anyway, I found Emma with a red marker in her hand...
 ...and marker everywhere! I was mortified, but later decided she couldn't possibly have done it all. There were lines framing the tv and I don't think Emma is quite that talented with a marker yet.
 She mostly just knows how to suck on them.

 Paula's friend made cute little red riding hood outfits for the girls.
 Playing with Uncle Spencer.


We had a great time in Utah and were sad to leave. But we'll be back!

No comments: