Today was such a beautiful day. The sun was shining, which is a pretty big deal. We were all feeling pretty upbeat this morning, so I told Naomi that after Emma woke up from her nap, we could go to the zoo. But, during Emma's nap, Naomi started telling me her ear hurt. She ran into some kids earlier today after storytime, so I figured she must have hit her head or something. I offered to get her some medicine to help her feel better, but all she wanted was a paper towel (still don't understand that one). Then she tells me she wants to go to sleep. Okay, that's pretty weird. So she went and laid down on the couch and slept. I was still hoping we could go to the zoo. I talked to Kurt and he said if she seemed fine after her nap, it probably wasn't a big deal, but if she was still having pain, we had better hold off. Well, after a brief nap she was still complaining that her ear hurt. She also said she was hot. I felt her forehead and it seemed like she had a low-grade fever. So I had to tell her we couldn't go to the zoo today after all. I think that's the hardest thing I've had to do in a long time. I could see her little heart breaking in front of me. She was literally pleading with me to still take her, saying she was all better and that things were going to be okay. Poor little girl.
Currently, she's asleep on the couch. Even before then, she was just lying still, watching a movie. Her fever went up a little, but she kept refusing medicine. Every time I offered, she would pretend she was feeling better (through tears and a grimace). I don't know what's wrong, but I hope she gets better soon. It breaks my heart to see her like this.
5 comments:
I have an otoscope if you want to take a look in her ears...
Poor girl! We've been stuck home for a couple days with a sick Josh. I guess this is the time of year for it!
I understand the paper towel. For all 'owies' in nursery we used a cool damp paper towel...or wrapped some ice in a paper towel. If its not for that reason I got no idea. But I hope she feels better soon. Poor girl.
Maybe an ear infection? Kyla was complaining a couple months ago that her ear was hurting and then she got a low fever and we took her in to the doc just to get it checked out and apparently it was an extremely bad ear infection! She didn't have any other signs except her saying her ear hurt and a fever! Anyway, don't know if it is but just thought i'd mention it! Hope she feels better soon!
Oh, poor thing! I hate when they try to convince you they are better so they don't have to miss the fun. It is heart-breaking
Post a Comment